[Dune-devel] ICC to be replaced by LLVM-based oneAPI DPC++

Simon Praetorius simon.praetorius at tu-dresden.de
Sun Aug 15 11:19:51 CEST 2021

Hi Christoph,

after your mail, I have started a tryout. It seems to work smoothly with
my setup, including dune-functions (and AMDiS). Those were not possible
to compile with the old intel icc compiler, due to internal compiler
errors in valid c++14 code. But with the llvm based compiler, these
errors seem to be vanished. I have not tested the most recent icc
compiler 2021.2, though.

The Intel package comes with MKL and intel mpi library. These are
detected right away. But, one needs to recompile mpi-based libraries,
e.g., ParMETIS and PTScotch, due to incompatibilities of the intel-mpi
and system mpi version. But, this is a normal situation you always face
when mixing libraries. Setting the user-compiled libraries in cmake
works also out-of-the-box.

So, for the release/2.8 the core, some staging and extension libraries
work with this intel llvm-based compiler.

Best regards,
Simon

--
Dr. Simon Praetorius