[Dune-devel] Online developer meeting: 2021-01-08 and 2021-01-22

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Mon Jan 4 18:23:36 CET 2021

Dear all,

I discussed jitsi with our admins at the computing center.

Am Mon, Jan 04, 2021 at 05:11:13PM +0100 schrieb Carsten Gräser:
> I'd be happy to use an open source solution like jitsi or BBB.
> However I have mixed experience with jitsi on our server an
> meet.jit.si with problems even for smaller meetings (7-8).
> But maybe that's just because of insufficent server resources.

They argued that one problem (for lectures) is that too many people
try to connect from outside the DFN to servers insider DFN and that
the connection in Frankfurt becomes the bottleneck.

Perhaps Markus server is situated in a better spot.

> Robert suggested to use an institutions jitsi server. In this
> case it should be stable and reliable for the expected number
> of participants which is e.g. not the case for FU Berlin and
> -as far as I understood Simon- TU Dresden. If Markus' server
> is known to have enough resources, I'd prefer this one.

Let's see how things work tonight...

Ciao
Christian