[Dune-devel] DUNE 2.8 release plan

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Thu Jun 24 11:42:41 CEST 2021

Dear users and developers,

we will be preparing a DUNE 2.8 release this summer. I will be the release
manager and Christoph plans to help me with this task. The current tentative
schedule for the release is as follows:

2021-07-09 (evening): Creation of release branches. From that time on only
       bugfixes or very important features will be backported to the
       release branches.
2021-07-16 (evening): Feature freeze. Only bug fixes will be backported and
       accepted to the release branches
2021-07-19: First release candidate. This and further candidates will be
       announced on the DUNE mailing lists.

Final release is planned for 2021-07-30, but that should be treated as a
rather soft date. We will release once release candidates have been tested
and we have not received any further bug reports.

As always we appreciate your help with testing and backported. Please always
keep in mind that saying "I tested and found no issues" is always better than
not reporting back in this case.

Cheers,

Markus

Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany,  USt-Id: DE279960836
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858