[Dune-devel] [Dune] A question about solving my problem

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Sat Jun 26 22:03:58 CEST 2021

Am Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 05:35:05PM +0000 schrieb Dedner, Andreas:
> I didn't say that - I am just saying that you will need to put some work into the nonlinear solver since the problem is not differentiable. But others here are more experts on this.
> Andreas

As I said earlier, the nonlinear solver will have issues in these
cases, but if you numerical differentiation you can often still get it
to work, but with slow convergence. If this is a problem for you, you
will have to use some non-standard non-linear solvers which can handle
non-smooth functionals.

Ciao