[Dune-devel] vX.Y.Z.alpha tags

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 17:21:45 CET 2021

Hi.
Recently we discovered a bug in the 2.8.0 Python packages uploaded to pypi. During the installation of the packages from dune-istl/localfunctions the libs _istl.so/_localfunctions.so are not added to the venv  - the install command was missing in the CMakeLists.txt file. It's fixed now in the release branch.

It is not allowed to replace Python packages with new ones using the same version on pypi. So, we can only fix this by uploading a new version. We had the same issue already with dune-fem and just uploaded 2.8.0.1. We would like to do the same with the core packages to fix this problem. On the other hand, we also only wanted to upload packages that correspond to tagged commits. Consequently, we would like to add a v2.8.0.1 tag to the core modules.

Does someone have an issue with these new version tags being added?

If required, we could setup a vote - (do we now have that feature somewhere?)

Hope you are all well
Andreas