[Dune-devel] vX.Y.Z.alpha tags

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 23:00:39 CET 2021

What would a bugfix release require? Would it be enough to simply add the v2.8.1 tag using (more or less) the current release branch - that is of course fine with us. Or would we have to

  *   wait for everyone to decide what should be cherry-picked and which MR needs to be finished off
  *   build tarballs to upload to the website
  *   change all the dune.module files
  *   change all the module description files on the website to get an updated documentation
  *   and ...

I was hoping for an easy way which would allow me to tell Python users that they can simply run pip install --upgrade
the same way I can now already tell source users on the release branches to do git pull.
Best
Andreas