[Dune-devel] vX.Y.Z.alpha tags

Simon Praetorius simon.praetorius at tu-dresden.de
Fri Nov 26 10:51:29 CET 2021

This sounds like a reasonable way:

- If something in the code (in python / c++ / buildsystem) is fixed that
influences the user of the code whether downloaded by git, by tar.gz or
as python package, it should be a bugfix release. This should then
include a tar.gz package, maybe a new entry in the webpage. We should
make the burden for this as small as possible.
- If just "metadata" is updated that is required by external
environments, like pypi, we could add the post release suffix. There, no
need for a long procedure is required, just a tag would be enough.

Best,
Simon