[Dune-devel] Alternatives to dunecontrol

Simon Praetorius simon.praetorius at tu-dresden.de
Sun Oct 24 23:06:40 CEST 2021

Hi everyone,

just found while searching for something completely else:

   colcon - collective construction:
https://colcon.readthedocs.io/en/released/index.html

This is a tool with very similar goals and usage as our dunecontrol
script, it handles collections of software libraries that depend on each
other . This dependency is described by a simple configuration file,
like our dune.module file. It can handle build directories and
additional cmake parameters. and many more what we had on our wishlist
for the dunecontrol script.

Some other project-specialized tools, similar to our tool, are migrated
to this colcon script. Could be worth a look.

Best,
Simon

--
Dr. Simon Praetorius