[Dune-devel] Alberta issues

Simon Praetorius simon.praetorius at tu-dresden.de
Sat Sep 18 11:23:51 CEST 2021

For the rpc problem, I can give some hints. I had the same problem that
rpc was not available on an HPC system out-of-the-box. On debian the
necessary dependency would be libtirpc-dev (transport-independent RPC
lib). It should be available on many architectures. Even on HPC Systems
it is provided as manual loadable package. The configuration might need
to set additional search paths for this library (and headers), though.

Alternatively, I'm fine with removing it from Alberta, at least it could
be made an optional dependency. But this is probably some work.

The other problem is, that I had some trouble using recent autotools to
create the configure scripts. Maybe this is easier to fix, but I'm not
an expert in autotools.

Best,
Simon

Am 18.09.21 um 00:14 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
> Hi there,
>
> I have still two patches for Alberta laying around. I would need
> someone to review and merge. I don't know whether this has to be Claus
> or could be done by somebody else.
>
> Further, Patrick and Lisa are so kind to have a look into updating the
> Debian package of Alberta. But they have some issues with rpc/types.h
> not being available on all architectures. Would it be okay to get rid
> of XDR altogether? Or is there another way to fix this?
> It's a shame that we are not able to build up-to-date Alberta packages
> for Debian.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Bye
> Christoph