[Dune-devel] Evolution of the CMake environment

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Fri Feb 11 19:58:14 CET 2022

Hi Markus,

> Also we have to aware that some projects need to be support multiple
> DUNE/buildsystem versions (e.g 2.6-2.8 + master). Which is quite
> challenging.

We never promised to stay compatible over multiple versions. We want to
stay compatible (if possible) from one version to another. Your span is
almost four releases. That is insane! If someone downstream want to do
so, fine with me. But we should not hold back and restrict ourselves.

Because apparently, even the invisible hand [of the market] doesn’t
want to pick beans.         -- Stephen Colbert to US Congress, 2011