[Dune-devel] Moving dune-project.org domain to Gandi

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Wed Nov 16 11:59:48 CET 2022

Hi,

as the next part of our move we would like to move domain management to
Gandi.net for the following reasons:

Currently mail for dune-project.org is handled by IWR in Heidelberg,
but we would like to stop running a mail server for dune-project.org.
The domain offering from Gandi.net includes mail (unlimited forwarding,
two mailboxes + additional mailboxes for an extra charge): we would use
mail forwarding from there and one mailbox for handling mail by Gitlab.

Gandi.net also allows granting several users permissions to manage the
domain (but not transfer it/change ownership) which is nice to have.

(I suggest gandi.net as my own domain is there.)

Note that the mailing lists will not be affected by this change; they
use and will continue to use a separate mail server for lists.dune-
project.org.

If there are no objections, I would like to start looking at moving the
domain next week. Changing mail handling for dune-project.org will come
after that.

Ansgar