[Dune-devel] website builder

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Tue Oct 4 13:59:53 CEST 2022

On Tue, 2022-10-04 at 09:55 +0000, Dedner, Andreas wrote:
> Robert's point with this symbol was that introducing it into 2.9
> could break downstream code. It seems to me that this proves him
> right.

Well, I offered to change it to the ASCII art version for 2.9. The bug
could just as well have been triggered by tools not understanding
comments at all or using any other character (e.g., tab as whitespace,
umlauts, ...).

It should also be fixed, but it looks like the website builder doesn't
automatically take the updated image. So someone with access will have
to look at this.

> I still don't know If the packaging for Debian requires that symbol
> or if it's there because it's fancy?

It's not required, but Unicode isn't particulary fancy either. We have
more fancy things like files using ISO 8859-1 (which is more likely to
confuse things these days).

Ansgar