[Dune-devel] Failed pipeline for master in dune-functions (UGGrid not found)

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Mon Oct 24 12:53:56 CEST 2022

On Mon, 2022-10-24 at 09:58 +0200, Simon Praetorius wrote:
> Something has changed in dune-grid or dune-uggrid, regarding the
> visibility of the Dune::UGGrid template, leading to a fail of all
> dune-functions pipelines in the nightly tests. (e.g.
> https://gitlab.dune-project.org/infrastructure/dune-nightly-test/-/jobs/437230
>
> )
>
> The error we get is:
>
> /duneci/modules/dune-
> functions/dune/functions/functionspacebases/test/hierarchicallagrange
> basistest.cc:24:16:
> error: no template named 'UGGrid'; did you mean 'Grid'?
>    using Grid = UGGrid<dim>;
>
> A similar error we get in lots of other files and also in downstream
> modules.
>
> Any idea what is going on here?

Yes, too strict version dependencies:

WARNING: version mismatch.
       dune-grid suggests 'dune-uggrid >=2.10',
       but only 'dune-uggrid' = '2.9-git' is available.

So we should probably also increase the version in dune-uggrid's
dune.module. I'll do that.

Alternatively one could impose less strict dependencies.

Ansgar