[Dune-devel] Dune 2.9 release

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Sep 23 10:47:19 CEST 2022

Dear users and developers,

we are currently preparing a DUNE 2.9 release. Andreas and Robert will  be the release managers. The current tentative schedule for the release  is as follows:

Sep 20, 2022 (finished): Creation of release branches. From that time on only bug fixes (and very very important features) will be backported to  the release branches.

Sep 30, 2022: Feature freeze. Only bug fixes will be backported and  accepted to the release branches

Oct 10: First release candidate. This and further candidates will be  announced on the DUNE mailing lists.

Final release is planned for end of October 2022.  This should be  treated as a rather soft date. We will release once release candidates
have been tested and we have not received any further bug reports.

As always, we appreciate your help with testing and backported. Please always keep in mind that saying "I tested and found no issues" is always better than not reporting back in this case.

Regards,

Andreas & Robert