[Dune-devel] Dune User/Developer Meeting 2023

Simon Praetorius simon.praetorius at tu-dresden.de
Wed Apr 12 16:29:53 CEST 2023

Hi everyone,

I would like to propose a Dune meeting this year around Sep/Oct in
Dresden. The last meetings were only-online meetings and this was ok,
but a central component was missing: the socializing, having a drink
after a long discussion and just coding sessions. Another aspect that
was missing the last 4 years: a user meeting. For me this was very
motivating and kind-of the start for me to get involved in all the Dune
development.

So, I propose to have an in-person user+developer meeting (with the
option to make it hybrid, of course) and I want to invite you to come to
Dresden.

In order to plan such a meeting, we first need to find a date. Since we
want to combine a developer with a user meeting, I suggest to organize a
three-days event. Please find at

   https://dud-poll.inf.tu-dresden.de/h37bGVCzmw/

a dudle to select a window. It is in the calendar weeks 37-40 always
Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday.

Note that if you want to combine this meeting with a special-topics
meeting, e.g. dune-fem or dune-pdelab or dumux or AMDiS or..., we can
probably organize some space for that.

Best wishes,
Simon

--