[Dune-devel] Dune bugfix release 2.9.1?

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Sun Nov 19 23:00:30 CET 2023

Dear fellow Dune developers,
I merged more back-port requests to 2.9. If I missed one, please ping
me. I want to back-port two changes that older CMake versions find more
recent Python versions.
The issues mentioned below (#349, #350) are not resolved, but they
should no longer delay Dune 2.9.1.

Any objections to tag 2.9.1 within the next days? I don't intend to
create a release candidate.

Am 02.08.23 um 22:47 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
> Hi!
>
> I am quite happy with the current state of the 2.9 branches. I
> back-ported some minor issues that were inflicted by newer CMake or
> compiler versions.
>
> I found two bugs or regressions in dune-common's master, that also
> exists in 2.9:
> #350 Vc code is not compiling with Clang 16+ and Vc 1.4.3
> #349 debugaligntest fails with Clang 16+
> Both issues are outside of my area of expertise, I would welcome any
> help to fix them in master and then I would back-port the fixes.
>
> As we are currently in vacation times, I am not pressuring the 2.9.1
> release.
>
> Bye
> Christoph
>
> Am 10.07.23 um 19:39 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
>> Hello Dune,
>>
>> the Dune 2.9.0 release has some issues with recent compilers (GCC 13,
>> Clang 17) as they reduced some implicitly included standard headers,
>> see for example [1]. I am willing to back-port the patches from master
>> and create a 2.9.1 Dune bugfix release.
>>
>> If anybody has something to back-port, please do so or answer to this
>> message. I might be willing to help.
>>
>> Regarding Python stuff, I have to rely on the integrated tests and
>> cannot perform any further testing or fixing.
>>
>> Any thoughts? Comment?
>>
>> [1] https://gitlab.dune-project.org/core/dune-common/-/issues/341
>>
>> Bye
>> Christoph

L'enjeu est de bâtir la France de nos enfants,
pas de ressasser la France de notre enfance.
                        [Emmanuel Macron, 2022]