[Dune-devel] DUNE Mail Server

Ospina De Los Rios, Santiago santiago.ospina at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jan 22 18:10:52 CET 2024

Dear DUNE Developers,

some months ago we moved our mail service for dune-project.org from our machine in Heidelberg to Gandi.net. This was because at that time Gandi.net was offering a mail server for free when we pay for our domain. Unfortunately, Gandi.net decided to start charging 4€/month for the mail server and now we are in the unlucky position to either move it again or to start paying for an additional service in Gandi.net that we were not counting with. I want to underline that this is relatively urgent as we have less than one month before our current mail server stops working. Thus, this email is to search alternatives within the community.

What we need is one mailbox that allows:

- For incoming mail: IMAP, sub-addressing (e.g., gitlab+randomtext at example.com<mailto:gitlab+randomtext at example.com>), see https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/incoming_email.html
- For outgoing mail: SMTP, should support DKIM. We can configure a key in the dune-project.org zone.

If you or someone in the community can assist with hosting and maintaining a mail server for dune-project.org or contribute towards covering the new fee at Gandi.net, it would be immensely valuable!

Thank you for your attention and assistance.
Ansgar & Santiago