[dune-fem] How to use DUNE-FEM-howto and some examples

Andreas Dedner A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 17:41:51 CET 2012

Hi Andrea.

the howto is a regular dune module. But the module name is not defined
by the name of the directory where you put the module but by the entry
in the dune.module file within the module:
cat dune-femhowto/dune.module
give:

Module: dune-fem-howto
Version: 1.3.0
Maintainer: dune at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Depends: dune-common (>= 2.1) dune-grid (>= 2.1) dune-fem (>= 1.3.0)
Suggests: dune-istl (>= 2.1) dune-fem-dg

the first line in this case gives the module name, i.e., dune-fem-howto.
So the correct build command would be:

./dune-common-2.1.0/bin/dunecontrol --opts=config.opts
--module=dune-femhowto all

Hope that helps
Andreas

PS:
You might have seen that
there is a new set of core modules 2.1.1 and dune-fem (version 1.2.2)
which I think should now resolves the issues with MACOs (if you are
still interested...)