[dune-fem] assert failed in adaptiveleafindexset.hh

Thomas Albrecht Thomas.Albrecht at unibas.ch
Tue May 22 15:21:56 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

I am still working on an image registration algorithm, which is an
alteration of the dgtest tutorial program. I'm using dune-fem-1.2.1

I am getting a segmentation fault when I run the program with more than
two processes. After compiling in Debug mode I found out that only after
the first adaptive grid refinement I get an assert failed error in line 439:

438:    const int idx = codimSet.index( entity );
439:    assert( (idx >= 0) && (idx < codimSet.size()) );

This is because the line the idx is -1 . It is returned from the function:

   //! return leaf index for given entity
   template <class EntityType>
   int index ( const EntityType& entity ) const
   {
     assert( myCodim_ == EntityType :: codimension );
     return leafIndex_[ entity ].first;
   }

in codimindexset.hh. By the way: codim is 0.

So obviously I have no idea what's going on here, but it must have
something to do with the grid adaptation with several processes, which
provokes an invalid index to be returned.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

Thomas

--