[dune-fem] Does anyone use fem::ISTLLinearOperator for rectangular matrices?

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Oct 2 14:43:01 CEST 2014

Hi Andreas,

the problem is (or at least I think it is) related to the definition of the preconditioner.
When the matrix is square, everything goes fine, I have already solved Poisson and other stuff using ISTLLinearOperator class successfully.

When instead I need to assemble a rectangular matrix, since DomainType and RangeType are different, issues arise. In this case, preconditioning doesn't have much sense, and the compiler complains that methods are not compatible or some conversions can't be made. I attach a simple test case (with Makefile.am, main file, operator definition and output of the compilation).

Thanks for your help!
Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk