[dune-fem] Bug in jacobianAll

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 19:30:44 CET 2015

Hi Duners.
I am sorry that lately I am keeping posting on the mailing list.

In my project I was using all the updated modules except for dune-grid where I was keeping the last commit before the switch to copyable entities
(20c6d5f637d0d1a6c54f1a07f0eab658931f960c) and my code compiled and run.

Now I have just updated everything and the code still compiles (I have quite a lot of warning in dune-fem but they should be just deprecation warning) but when I run I have a segmentation fault (see attachment).

I have localized the error: it is during the evaluation of jacobianAll()

 baseSet.jacobianAll(pointSet.point(pt),gradphi);

where

 baseSet=localMatrix.domainBasisFunctionSet();
 CachingQuadrature<typename DiscreteSpaceType::GridPartType,0> pointSet(*it,2*space_.order()+1);
 std::vector<LocalFunctionJacobianRangeType> gradphi;

and (it) is the iterator over the grid entities.

I am using Alberta (worlddim=2,griddim=1), the matrix is Dune::Fem::SparseRowLinearOperator.

The DiscreteSpace is
  typedef Dune::Fem::FunctionSpace<double,double,2,2> ContinuosSpaceType;
  typedef Dune::Fem::LagrangeDiscreteFunctionSpace<ContinuosSpaceType,GridPartType,1> DiscreteSpaceType;

It seems to me a bug. What do you think?
If I reset dune-grid to 20c6d5f637d0d1a6c54f1a07f0eab658931f960c everything works fine again therefore I assume that something is wrong in the last commits.

Thank you very much for your help,
cheers,
Marco.

Additional information (probably useless): I am compiling everything with Auotomake, there are no EntityPointer in my code, after the pull of all the modules I have dune a make distclean everywhere.