[dune-functions] inconsistent class names in pqknodalbasis.hh

Felix Gruber gruber at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jul 21 14:27:08 CEST 2015

Hi all,

currently the classes in
dune/functions/functionspacebases/pqknodalbasis.hh are all named with
the prefix PQK (capital K), while dune-localfunctions uses the prefix
PQk (with lowercase k) in the class names in
dune/localfunctions/lagrange/pqkfactory.hh. Also all the Pk and Qk
finite element classes are named with a lowercase k.

I propose to change the class names in pqknodalbasis.hh to make them
more consistent with the naming scheme from dune-localfunctions.
This renaming of classes will definitely be an inconvenience for users
of dune-functions, but in my opinion this inconvenience will be
outweighted by the reduction of inconsistencies to dune-localfunctions
which is used by many more people at the moment who might be annoyed at
this inconsistency when starting to use dune-functions.

I attached a patch to dune-functions for my proposed change to the class
names.

Cheers,
Felix