[dune-functions] SizePrefix

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 2 19:04:55 CEST 2015

Dear all,
currently each global basis exports the type of the SizePrefix.
This has the unfortunate side effect that, for nested bases, one
always has to copy the prefix, if it is passed to a sub-basis
(more precisely sub-factory) because one cannot be sure about its type.
On the other hand, as far as I remember, we decided that SizePrefix
should always be a Dune::ReservedVector with appropriate size.

The problem would no longer exist, if we require the type of a size
prefix to be a ReservedVector<size_type,k> where k is a template
parameter of the size(...) method. For convince we could still
export a fixed SizePrefix type which is always large enough to
traverse the whole index tree.

Does anyone see potential problems with this solution?

Best,
Carsten