[dune-functions] SubSpaceBasis does not model the concept GlobalBasis

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 12 13:34:50 CEST 2019

Dear Simon,

Am 11.07.19 um 17:32 schrieb Simon Praetorius:
> Hi community,
>
> I was wondering, is the SubSpaceBasis supposed to be a model of concept
> GlobalBasis<GV>? It seems not to be the case and there is no test in the
> testsuite. As far as I can see, the only thing missing is the update(GV)
> method.
no, there's no concept for this and a SubSpaceBasis is not a GlobalBasis
in general. This is not just due to the missing update() function, but
also due to the fact that a GlobalBasis has a consecutive index tree,
which naturally need not to be true for a SubSpaceBasis. While this
property of a GlobalBasis cannot be checked statically in an
implementable concept, it's still part of what the concept describes.

However, it's the other way around and each GlobalBasis provides the
interface of a SubSpaceBasis. Maybe we should add a concept check for
SubSpaceBasis, too.

Best,
Carsten

> Best,