[dune-pdelab] Off main-diagonal Dirchlet conditions

Peter Bastian peter.bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 27 15:32:10 CET 2009

Dear Andreas,

In PDELab (as in the mathematical formulation) constraints are on the
function space and not "on equations". I.e. if you have a composite
space U = V x W then V (say pressure) may be constraint independently of
W (say saturation). This is done by the constraints method when given a
vector-valued boundary condition function as I said in the last mail.

The jacobian assembler then automatically puts trivial equations in the
rows corresponding to constrained degrees of freedom. The
GridOperatorSpace takes two GridFunctionSpaces, one for trial functions
(TrialGFS) and one for test functions (TestGFS). It is the space for the
test functions that determines the trivial rows. If TrialGFS=TestGFS (as
is often the case) those equations multiplied with a test function
(v_i,0) will be trivial if degree of freedom i is constrained and
correspondingly for (0,w_j).

Hope that this helps.

-- Peter

--