[dune-pdelab] ambiguosity in istlsolverbackend.hh

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Mar 9 14:10:47 CET 2010

Hey Markus,

yes, it happens when using a PowerGridFunctionSpace with the power one.
We simply always use a PowerGridFunctionSpace, no matter how many
equations we have. The number of equations is passed as a template
parameter and we do not have to change anything more. In this way, we
can use a very general matrix assembler.

Meanwhile, I also noticed that it does not work with parallel UG,
throwing an exception because it is nonoverlapping. That'ok, I just
wanted to try the new pdelab solver stuff, and think it is quite nice...

Kind regards
Bernd

On 03/09/2010 01:36 PM, Markus Blatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I jsut wondered why it never happened to me until now. I think I know why now and there is no
> need for a working test case.
>
> Can you confirm that and explain why your are using a PowergridFunctionSpace with the power one?
> Why not a simple gridfunction for your case.
>

> BTW: I really doubt that the parallel AMG backend works with UG.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Markus

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de