[dune-pdelab] [dune-pdelab-commit] dune-pdelab r463 - trunk/dune/pdelab/backend

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Mar 30 23:39:40 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 30. Mar 2010, 11:29:30 +0200 schrieb Christian Engwer:
> Hi Joe,
>
> >        typename V::ElementType norm(const V& v) const
> >        {
> > -        return v.two_norm();
> > +        DUNE_THROW(NotImplemented, "ISTLBackend_OVLP_ExplicitDiagonal::norm() "
> > +                   "should not be neccessary, so we skipped the "
> > +                   "implementation");
> >        }
>
> Instead of an exception, you could just remove the implementation. In
> case it is used, the linker will give an error.

I turned the exceptions into static_asserts.  This way, if someone needs those
functions, he will not be confused by its absence, and he will get a compiler
error with a clear error message.

This should be in the repository once I have internet access again, probably
when you read this mail.

Bye,
Jö.

--
In the beginning the Universe was created.  This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.