[dune-pdelab] DiscreteGridFunction of PowerGridFunctionSpace

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed May 12 13:25:18 CEST 2010

Am Sun,  9. May 2010, 18:45:30 +0200 schrieb Bernd Flemisch:
> Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 18:45:30 +0200
> From: Bernd Flemisch <bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de>
> To: dune-pdelab at dune-project.org
> Subject: Re: [dune-pdelab] DiscreteGridFunction of PowerGridFunctionSpace
>
> Sorry, I just sent the first reply to the wrong list.
>
> But when I look at my typedefs below, I am again very surprised that
> I have to use the number of equations "numEq" in the typedef for the
> vector backend for the SCALAR grid function space. I remember that
> otherwise I could not get it to work, although in the pdelab-howto
> there are examples which use "1" for the scalar space, which should
> be the correct choice.
[...]
> typedef Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionSpace<GridView, FEM, Constraints,
> Dune::PDELab::ISTLVectorBackend<numEq> > ScalarGridFunctionSpace;

The numEq defines the blocking structure -- what you get is essentially a
BlockVector<FieldVector<K, numEq> >.  This of course needs to match with
whatever you use as a matrix backend, so if you set the blocksize to 1 here
you have to do it for the matrix backend as well, otherwise the solver will
choke.

Bye,
Jö.

--
Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.