[dune-pdelab] P2 in parallel

schauer schauer at mechbau.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Dec 14 12:22:34 CET 2011

Dear dune-pdelab,

does the parallel implementation of 3-dimensional P2 elements work fine
in pdelab ?

I am solving the 3D Poisson problem in parallel using alugrid. With P1
elements in parallel everything works fine and gives me the same
solution as on a single process. When switching to P2 (where I only
change the gridfunction space) the solver still tells me that the
residual is zero, but when I actually calculate it by hand it is quite
large. This is often the case if things on the boundary/ghost nodes goes
wrong.

Does anybody have experience with 3D P2 elements ?

Thanks for your answers

Volker