[dune-pdelab] Behaviour of GridFunctionSpace::dataHandleSize() and GridFunctionSpace::dataHandleGlobalIndices()

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Feb 2 15:53:27 CET 2011

Dear PDELab,

while working on (and testing) the GridFunctionSpace implementation, I discovered that
the methods dataHandleSize() and dataHandleGlobalIndices() show undefined behaviour
if called with an entity of a codimension that has no DOFs attached (e.g. using P1 elements
and calling the method with a cell entity). Is that intentional, or should I commit a fix?

Steffen

Steffen Müthing
Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Parallele und Verteilte Systeme
Universitätsstr. 38
70569 Stuttgart
Tel: +49 711 685 88429
Fax: +49 711 685 88340