[dune-pdelab] Visualization of Gauss point data

Nicolas Schwenck nicolas.schwenck at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jul 20 16:10:00 CEST 2011

Sorry, I still don't get the problem:

If you solve the elasticity problem as a single field problem (solving
only for displacement directly) then you don't have stress or strain in
the weak form and also not in the local operator. So, why is it costly
to compute the stress in the driver before passing to the vtk writer?

As Felix already pointed out, a mixed approach would directly give you
stress and displacement (you could also include strain) as a solution
vector.

As Christian E. pointed out the subsampling can help you if your
visualization tool cannot handle higher order/discontinous basis functions.

Best,
Nicolas

             email: nicolas.schwenck at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
                 url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de