[dune-pdelab] pdelab installation - some .hh do not get copied to installation directory

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Sep 16 14:53:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 02:29:20PM +0200, Eike Mueller wrote:

> I now tried building an installing on a different machine, and it
> seems to work ok, but some of the .hh files do not get installed, so
> I can't compile my code. For example, the file
> multitypetreeutility.hh, needed by multitypetree.hh does not get
> copied to the include directory of the installation.

That is because nobody ever tested making tarballs until now. Usually
we just check it out for convenience.

If you really need we would very appreciate it if you send us a patch
(but not to the list), once you finished.

To make it work you have to check that all headers in all directory
are included in *_HEADERS (common_HEADERS for multitypetree.hh)
variable in the Makefile.am, then you have
rebuild again. Simply use make dist-check to see if everything should work

> Also, the installation only works if I uncomment SUBDIRS = doxygen
> in dune-pdelab/doc/Makefile.am (otherwise this fails at the
> installation stage).

Do you have doxygen installed?

Markus