[dune-pdelab] autoconf error during installation

Eike Mueller eike.h.mueller at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 15 17:49:00 CEST 2011

Dear pdelab list,

I'm trying to build pdelab (I downloaded the version compatible with
dune 2.1) with

./dune-common-2.1.0/bin/dunecontrol --only=dune-pdelab --
opts=config.opts all

and autoconf falls over with the following error message:

configure:6468: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_SHARED
       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
       See the Autoconf documentation.
configure:6469: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure:17090: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LD_GNU
--- Failed to build dune-pdelab ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

I had to install my own copies of autoconf and automake and the file
config.opts has the following contents:

AUTOGEN_FLAGS="--ac=2.61 --am=1.10"
CONFIGURE_FLAGS="--prefix='/home/em459/Dune/' --enable-parallel --
disable-documentation"
MAKE_FLAGS=

Could anyone point me to a fix for this problem?

Thank you very much,

Eike