[dune-pdelab] PDELab has switched to Git

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Dec 17 23:32:50 CET 2012

Am 17.12.2012 um 19:35 schrieb Markus Blatt:

> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:49:31AM +0100, Dr. Olaf Ippisch wrote:
>> regarding your question about the https communication: Up to now there
>> was a problem with the necessary certificates at conan, as conan has to
>> respond to different domains. We are working at this.
>>

> Maybe providing git over ssh would an option? Saves the developers from
> typing git passwords and does not need a certificate.

SSH has two disadvantages: Not everyone can access SSH on external machines
(I've already had two people who couldn't check out my Multidomain stuff from gitorious
over SSH), and you're left with managing the SSH keys of the committers (ok, gitolite
could help you with that).

To avoid typing in your password every time you push some changes, have a look at

http://users.dune-project.org/projects/dune-pdelab/wiki/Git_Quick_Start#Cache-your-username-and-password

Steffen