[dune-pdelab] Matrix setup costs with StationaryLinearProblemSolver

Bath Uni e.mueller at bath.ac.uk
Thu Jul 26 22:09:44 CEST 2012

Hi Christian,

ok, thanks. I'm mainly asking because I also have some geometric multigrid code, where I do not store the matrix explicitly, so there is not matrix setup cost. When I compare its performance to that of DUNE, I don't want to be unfair and claim that the matrix setup costs in DUNE are prohibitively large, just because I'm not using the optimal implementation for my specific and relatively simple problem.

I'll also try to extract the matrix myself myself from the geometric code.

Eike