[dune-pdelab] StarCD reader for ALU3dGrid

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri May 25 16:02:07 CEST 2012

Hey Marco,

in the test folder dune/grid/io/file/test, there is a
starcdreadertest.cc. I just ran it and it seems to work.
Try to start from there and see what happens once you
insert an ALUGrid for the hard-coded UGGrid. It will for
sure not work for the grids including prisms and pyramids,
but it should work for pure simplex or cube grids.

This is btw not a pdelab question, but a dune-grid
question, so the dune mailing list should have been used.

Kind regards
Bernd

On Fri, 25 May 2012 15:39:20 +0200
  Marco Cisternino <marco.cisternino at optimad.it> wrote:
> Hi to everybody,
> I'm a newbie in DUNE and I would like to write a reader
>for StarCD .vrt .cel files using ALU3dGrid.
> Could anyone help me? Can I use starcdreader.hh as
>template with the ALU3dGrid factory class from
>alu3dgridfactory.* files?
> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Marco

Bernd Flemisch                     phone: +49 711 685
69162
IWS, Universitaet Stuttgart          fax: +49 711 685
67020
Pfaffenwaldring 61        email:
bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart        url: