[dune-pdelab] Using gcc4.1 to compile dune-pdelab

Jizhou Li jl48 at rice.edu
Wed May 15 23:15:48 CEST 2013

Hi,
I am attempting to compile rt0main.cc in dune-pdelab-howto with the dune version 2.2.1 and dune-pdelab 1.1.0 on a cluster which can be compiled on my mac using gcc4.7.
But, it failed to compile on the cluster with error message:
rt0main.cc:97: error: wrong number of template arguments (2, should be 10)

This refers to the line of the code: typedef Dune::PDELab::CompositeConstraintsParameters<BCType,BCTypeParam_Dummy> BCT;

Also, the error message says I have use typedef outside the main(){} which is not allowed.

Does those compilation error messages have something to do with the version of the compiler? The cluster currently using gcc 4.1.
Surprisingly, the dune 2.2.1 and dune-pdelab 1.1.0 all complied with this old compiler.
Do you think if I switch to gcc 4.3 or higher the problem will be resolved?

Thanks

Jizhou Li