[dune-pdelab] Using gcc4.1 to compile dune-pdelab

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu May 16 11:38:21 CEST 2013

Hi Jizhou,

as Oliver already told you, PDELab should in theory still work with GCC 4.0, but very few people have
those old compilers available for testing (the oldest I have is GCC 4.2), so your best bet really is upgrading
to GCC 4.3+. That will also help compile times and the quality of the generated code quite a bit because
PDELab will automatically use C++11 features in some of its core data structures.

I'm a little confused about the error, though: The code you posted should be in line 93, not 97:

http://cgit.dune-project.org/repositories/dune-pdelab-howto/tree/src/convection-diffusion/rt0main.cc?id=v1.1.0#n93

Did you use the release packages or have you cloned the repository? Maybe there's some kind of version conflict
between PDELab and the Howto...

Best
Steffen