[dune-pdelab] Getting coefficients in local function space

Thomas Ulrich ulricht at in.tum.de
Wed May 22 22:47:53 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to implement a slope limiter for a DG scheme. I am trying to
loop over the elements and access the coefficients of the local basis
functions using this piece of code:

    for (LeafIterator it = gv.template begin<0, Dune::Interior_Partition>();
            it != gv.template end<0, Dune::Interior_Partition>(); ++it) {

        const Element& e = *it;
        lfsu.bind(e);
        std::vector<typename U::ElementType> u_l;
        u_l = std::vector<typename U::ElementType>(lfsu.size());
        lfsu.vread(u, u_l); // read coefficients

This should be basically the same concept as in pdelab/adaptivity/adapt.hh.

However, when trying to compile my code I always get the error:

When trying to save the modified coefficients via lfsu.vwrite(u, u_l); I
experience the same error.

lfsu is declared as follows:
    typedef typename Dune::PDELab::LocalFunctionSpace<GFSU> LFSU;
    LFSU lfsu(gfsu);

Greets,
Thomas