[dune-pdelab] Installing Dune

Eike Mueller e.mueller at bath.ac.uk
Wed Aug 27 11:06:12 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,

thanks a lot, we will have another go. I think last time we just
downloaded the tarballs of version 2.3.1 (of the core modules). It's
been a while since I last installed DUNE on one of my machines and that
was before the git migration, so to clarify: to get your modifications
we want the release branch of all DUNE core modules and also the release
branches of dune-typetree and dune-pdelab?

Thanks,

Eike

On 26/08/14 11:48, Markus Blatt wrote:
> Hi Tatiana,
>
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:26:42AM +0100, Tatiana Kim wrote:
>> We are trying to install DUNE pdelab on a mac (OSX 10.9 Mavericks)
>> using the clang compiler (version 5.1, clang-503.0.40). There is no
>> problem with building the standard DUNE modules (common, grid,
>> geometry, istl, local functions), but when building type tree it
>> crashes with the error message below (config.log also attached).
>> shared_ptr seems to be missing in the standard namespace. Not sure
>> if this helps, but the attached c code only compiles with clang++ if
>> the ?#include <memory>? is uncommented.
> Thanks a lot for finding this. There was indeed an include of the
> memory header missing. If this was not a problem in the core modules
> then this must have been luck (e.g. memory was always implicitely
> included).
>
> I have committed a patch to the release branch which should fix
> this. It would be nice if you could find the time to test it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Markus

Dr Eike Hermann Mueller
Research Associate (PostDoc)