[dune-pdelab] AMG backend for non-overlapping grids

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon May 26 13:06:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am quite confused by the current status of the AMG solver backend
for non-overlapping grids.

I recall that Rebecca had to change the matrix entries and sparsity
pattern to make sure for every dof, that is of the local part of the
disjoint partitioning of the dofs, the corresponding matrix row
contains the full global information, i.e. all connections to
neighboring dofs with the value as in the sequential/serial case
Only in this case the AMG worked at all for non-overlapping grids.

I am having a hard time finding this piece of code
and am under the impression that it (MatPatternExchange,
VertexExchanger) was removed with commit
fd7285a5519b1b80f045559d42b120802b60561c by Steffen on October 30,
2012. Unfortunately, there is no explanation about this in the commit message.

If removing this was not a mistake, can someone please explain me, why
my AMG should work with an additive representation of the matrix?
Somehow I fail to see how this can be the case.

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858