[dune-pdelab] Fwd: dune-pdelab post from ansgar.bohmann at bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de requires approval

Ansgar Bohmann ansgar.bohmann at bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Apr 17 12:42:28 CEST 2015

Hello Steffen!

Am 16.04.2015 um 18:59 schrieb Steffen Müthing:
>> Von: Ansgar Bohmann <ansgar.bohmann at bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de>
>> Betreff: Getting started using DUNE/PDELab on Ubuntu 14.04, Trusty Tahr.
>> Datum: 16. April 2015 18:13:06 MESZ
>> An: dune-pdelab at dune-project.org <mailto:dune-pdelab at dune-project.org>
>
>> By the way, can I still use the printouts and examples from the 2012
>> course? Is the documentation from 2009 on the build system still up to
>> date?
>
> Even better, you can download the updated version from this year from
>
> http://conan2.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/git/dune-course/course-2015
>
> That module contains a one-touch setup script called build-external.sh.
> Maybe you can get up and running with the help of that script (take a look
> at it, it contains some documentation at the top).

I was able to download the shell scripts

build_exercise.sh  build_external.sh  cleanup.sh

and the tar balls under course-2015/external/tarballs/ . The rest
(exercises, solutions, handout …?) seems not to be publicly available.
Well, I should have attended this year's course I guess.

I will take a look at  build-external.sh .

> The build system info is definitely outdated, especially because we are
> switching from autotools to CMake with the next release.

Good to know!

Thank you very much!
Ansgar2