[dune-pdelab] Recommendations for writing a multigrid preconditioner on overlapping grids

Christian Kaltenecker christian_kalt at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 24 11:01:31 CEST 2015

Hello Dune,

Do you have any examples or some kind of literature I could check in
order to write a multigrid preconditioner on overlapping grids by myself?

I am currently working on porting the dune-parsolve module to the
version 2.3.1 of PDELab. More precisely I want to port
dune-parsolve/uebungen/uebung07.
The problem is that the globalSize-method of the LocalFunctionSpace is
missing in the newer version of PDELab.

Last time (September 2014), Christian Engwer suggested to write a custom
assembler which uses the usual backend interfaces or to rewrite
significant parts of the file
dune-parsolve/uebung/uebung07/geometric_multigrid_components.hh.
The problem is that I do not have some kind of literature which
describes how to write a multigrid preconditioner and thus a
prolongation operator for Dune.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Christian Kaltenecker