[dune-pdelab] ASCII data instead of .vtu files

conf86 at web.de conf86 at web.de
Tue Aug 25 16:26:49 CEST 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to extract data from .vtu files so that I can a table with
x  y  U
in order to proceed with other programs such as gnuplot, etc.?
I found out one can get the data with some point-and-click effort in paraview, but this is quite cumbersome, especially if one wants to get the data for each time step.

Or is it also possible to write the data directly into an ASCII file instead of or in addition to a .vtu file?

The reason why I'm asking is that I want to investigate the temporal development of U in different fixed points in a t-U-diagram.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards