[dune-pdelab] patches against pdelab-2.4

Nagaiah Chamakuri nagaiah.chamakuri at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 20:40:05 CET 2015

Dear dune-pdelab,

Working with dune-pdelab-2.4 version, I did not succeed to
use the nonoverlapping solvers with Jacobi preconditioner.

For testing, I replaced
typedef Dune::PDELab::ISTLBackend_NOVLP_BCGS_SSORk<GO> LS;
LS ls (go,5000,3,2);
by
typedef Dune::PDELab::ISTLBackend_NOVLP_BCGS_Jacobi<GFS> LS;
LS ls (gfs,5000,2);
at line 92 and 93 in testnonoverlappingsinglephaseflow.cc
(dune/pdelab/test/)

It seems that upgrading from pdelab-2.3 to 2.4, the existing class
    class ISTLBlockVectorContainer
in dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/backend/istlvectorbackend.hh is

changed to
   class BlockVector
   in dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/backend/istl/vector.hh

Due to the clash of class BlockVector in dune-istl module, the Jacobi
preconditioner failed to compile nonoverlapping solvers (specifically
Jacobi preconditioner)
 Attached patch will fix errors in pdelab-2.4 version.
I hope  such changes are required in master branch as well.

Second patch will fix the compilation errors in dune-typetree
for gcc versions < 4.9. (in my case it is gcc-4.8.3)

Best regards
Nagaiah

--

*========================================Dr. Chamakuri NagaiahRadon
Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics (RICAM) Austrian