[dune-pdelab] Dirichlet conditions on curved boundaries

conf86 at web.de conf86 at web.de
Thu Jun 4 11:32:57 CEST 2015

> reading this code I assume you want to define a function, which is 1
> on the boundary and 0 else.
>
> This is not necessary. Just return 1. The reason is that you are
> computing an extension of the boundary values into the domain. The
> function is restricted to boundary DOFs afterwards.
>
> Christian

Thank you for your answer.

Ok, first I thought to understand that.
But now that I asked about initial conditions and found out that they are also defined in *bcextension this confuses me, because I now would expect if I return 1 wihtout any conditions that the initial values are set to 1 too. Or is this only the case if I use the interpolation like this and otherwise it is automatically 0?