[dune-pdelab] dune-pdelab | Feature: Divergence and curl as DGF (#15)

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Jun 25 16:37:51 CEST 2015

Am Thu, 25. Jun 2015, 16:03:30 +0200 schrieb Christian Engwer:
> If we introduce new features we encourage people to use it and in some
> sense we promise the people that these features will be around for a
> while. I consider it unfortunate if we introduce something and
> rmeove/deprecate it in the next release. Thus I'd like to put it into
> the experimental namespace, in order to signal that we don't promise
> anything concerning this feature.

Well, it depends on whether we want to provide a new-style version of the
feature "after the revolution".  In that case we should just put it into
pdelab alongside similar features, and deprecate it with the rest of the
similar features when the time comes.  Otherwise, maybe the feature really
isn't important enough that it belongs into PDELab, and should go into the
application module instead?

(And I do think that curl and divergence GridFunctions are important enough to
have around.)

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

This message is protected by DoubleROT13 encryption
Attempting to decode it violates the DMCA/WIPO acts