[dune-pdelab] Workflow: accepting merges

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Jun 25 18:44:32 CEST 2015

Hi!

These are questions as someone who _accepts_ merge requests, so it is somewhat
seperate from the other workflow discussion.

* Who can accept merge requests?
  I know I can, Steffen probably can, anyone else?
* Should we accept our own merge requests, or should we wait for someone else
  to give approval?
  So far I simply merged my own merge requests when I though they were ready.
* What should we do before accepting a merge request?
  I'd probably look over the diffs.  If that looks OK, and if I trust the
  committer to have used "make build-test" or something equivalent, I'd
  accept.  Otherwise I may ask for confirmation that he has run "make
  build-test", and accept when he states that he did or run the tests myself.

  If the diff looks suspicious or the was controversy, I'll ask for
  clarification, or decide to test it more in-depth.
* When should we accept merge requests?
  I'd simply ignore merge requests marked [WIP] (work-in-progress).  Any other
  I'd try to merge as soon as I can to minimize the chance that they require
  manual merging, and to maximize the chance that other poeple have them
  included in their own feature branches.

Does this approach sound OK?

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

This message is protected by DoubleROT13 encryption
Attempting to decode it violates the DMCA/WIPO acts