[dune-pdelab] Problems with MPI

Dodwell, Timothy T.Dodwell at exeter.ac.uk
Thu Jan 14 00:00:09 CET 2016

Hi Christian,

Thanks for you reply! Good guess...

If I print out the gv.size(0,0) number of elements on level 0, co-dim 0 then on one processor it is 64 and for two it is 32. Therefore  for two processors my finite element calculation conditions are only on half the mesh, and the boundary conditions mean I get rubbish!

Is there an easy way of forcing the grids to build across only a MPI_comm (with a defined MPI_group) rather than MPI_comm_world? I ask this as later I would like to do the coarse calculations solves on just one processor using a direct solver, and the fine grids across a group of processors in parallel.

Thanks Again

Tim

Dr Tim Dodwell
Lecturer in Engineering Mathematics
Rm 221 - Harrison Building
College of Engineering, Mathematics & Physical Sciences
University of Exeter
Exeter
Devon
EX4 4PY

mail: t.dodwell(at)exeter.ac.uk
tel: +44 (0)1392 725899
mob: +44 (0)7745 622870
web: http://emps.exeter.ac.uk/engineering/staff/td336
Papers and Pre-prints: @Research-Gate
Citations: @Google-Scholar

This email and any attachment may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or subject to copyright, and which may be exempt from disclosure under applicable legislation. It is intended for the addressee only. If you received this message in error, please let me know and delete the email and any attachments immediately. The University will not accept responsibility for the accuracy/completeness of this email and its attachments.