[dune-pdelab] adaptivity with a composite grid function space

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Jan 20 18:01:00 CET 2016

Am Mon, 18. Jan 2016, 16:33:44 +0000 schrieb Dodwell, Timothy:
> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 16:33:44 +0000
> From: "Dodwell, Timothy" <T.Dodwell at exeter.ac.uk>
> Subject: [dune-pdelab] adaptivity with a composite grid function space
>
> Dear all,
>

> On the latest Dune PDElab release (on Mac OS X 10.10) I am trying to implement adaptive FEM for 3D elasticity (vector valued problem)
>

> I get a problem when calling adapt_grid ( below is the compiler error )
>

> Looks like adapt_grid does not work for composite grid function spaces, is that right? Is there a work around?
>

> Thanks in advance.

Dear Tim,

Liesel Schumacher had a similar problem.  We prepared a patch, it is in the
branch p/joe/fix-power-composite-adaptivity
(https://gitlab.dune-project.org/pdelab/dune-pdelab/commit/9c4bf99f47a7938910d966996bff085536255e1c).
Could you try it?  Please let us know whether (or not) it works.

Note: the patch is against the branch releases/2.4, I'm assuming you were
using that.  Otherwise it should be trivial to cherry-pick.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

If God had intended Man to Smoke, He would have set him on Fire.
-- fortune